reinit dectalk driver

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Wed Mar 12 21:19:22 EST 2003

Hi all. Numerous times I have had to switch my Dectalk to a different
machine. Then once I replug it back in, everything seems to speak ok.
However, when I do an ls, I get extremely long pauses between
filename/extention. For example, instead of getting file.foo, I would get
something like: file........foo. Does this have to do with the serial line
to the Dectalk not handshaking properly? And the only way I can think to
solve this problem is to reboot the machine. Does anyone have any other
sollutions? Thanks!

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.