Red Hat 8 and Grub

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Wed Mar 12 18:37:58 EST 2003

You should have a line that looks something like
kernel = /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-18.9.x ro root=/dev/hda1
at the end of that kernel line you put
speakup_synth=whatever
where whatever is the keyword for your hardware synth.
(you will have to edit more than one kernel line if you have more than one kernel installed, obviously.)
Regards
Aaron