World's fastest network

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Tue Mar 11 09:22:36 EST 2003

Gene Collins staggered into view and mumbled:

>Here is an interesting article I thought you all might find interesting.
> I can only imagine accessing a network with this much bandwidth.
>
>Gene
>

>WORLD'S FASTEST NETWORK LAUNCHED TO CONNECT TERAGRID SITES            03.07.03
>SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING                                                HPCwire
> . . .
>At 40 gigabits per second...
> . . .
>20 teraflops of computing power...
>storing nearly one petabyte of data...

Wow!  Now my little Pentium-133 with its 57.6KBPS PPP LAN with a
Pentium 2-266 really seems small and anemic:).

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
COTAN (x) = COS (x) / SIN (x)