Red hat Speakup

Ron Marriage marriage at seidata.com
Fri Mar 7 13:02:50 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm running into a problem installing the RH 8.0 with
speakup.
I started the install at the prompt with
text speakup_synth=ltlk

I have the lite Talk external synth so this is the keyword I
needed to use.
I get speach all through the boot process, but once that
finishes talking, I get nothing else.

I had my wife check the screen and it shows a blue
background about two thirds of the way down the screen with
black below it.  I have noting else on the scren.

At this point it appears to lockup and I can go nowwhere
except to shut off the computer and try again with the same
results.

I read the howto and the instructions to use from section 4
down for a new install, but no help with this problem.

Any help appreciated
Ron
--
Ron Marriage