Installing Speakup

From Glenn Ervinat home. glennervin at cableone.net
Tue Mar 4 20:40:40 EST 2003

I don't know if it is the same thing, but I have had trouble with the RedHat
install with speakup integrated.
I use a DECtalk, and it has trouble reading what I am really on, and the
keys designed to read the characters next to the highlighted word reads
previous words, and I cannot get it to read color attributes, as I think it
is supposed to be able to do, if I remember correctly.
I have not tried the install for a while.