Bookshare & O'reilly books make an aggreement

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Mar 4 19:57:34 EST 2003

This sounds exciting in a way because I dumpped the safari service I
used to have last year when they went with that goddamn java crap and
I told them why I was dropping out.

The problem here though, Isn't bookshare proprietary? and aren't they
windows-only? if yes to the above questions, then it's just another
thing that forces a blind person to buy in to over $800 worth of
software and maybe even buy winblows just so he/she could use this service.