Configuration Files

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Sun Mar 2 00:13:50 EST 2003

Hi.  I just created a set of one line scripts to change values of
speakup.  This way I can just type things like
rate 7
to set the rate to 7.  I just call these scripts during log in to set
default values.  If I want to change a value, I just get to a shell
prompt and type the command I want.  Since it's always posible to get to
the shell from any program, it takes no time.
If you find editing a config file easier, then go for it.  That is what
makes the Unix world so cool, you have many ways to do the same thing.

          Kenny