This DHCP is too dynamic

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sun Jun 29 17:05:30 EDT 2003

Janina Sajka in <20030629204637.GC24435 at rednote.net>:

>But that service would have to update its record every minute or so.
>It's not the ip address that's the problem. I don't mind typing numbers.
>It's the way her ISP changes the ip address every minute or so. I'm not
>kidding--I've had her do an ifconfig ppp0 and we get a different address
>every minute or so.

This would cause a problem as the system will kick you off updating
the hostname ip address every minute.  Are you sure this is not an
isp/configuration problem at her end?  If it really is changing every
minute, there are serious problems (i.e, how to download large files).

Andrew.
--
Andrew Hodgson, Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK.
Email: Andrew at hodgsonfamily.org