emacs documentation?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Jun 27 11:17:54 EDT 2003

<hmmm> Good question.  Well to begin with, try "info emacs".  This
assumes that the info read and the info documentation is installed.
Another thing you should be able to do if emacs is completely
installed is to do a ctrl-h followed by the letter i.  This will bring
up the info reader inside of emacs.

I realize, if one is trying to learn emacs and you have to use emacs
to find out how to use it:) you end up in a vicious loop, don't you?:)
I really can't recall if there is some intro documentation on getting
started with emacs or not.

Actually, I just looked in my HOWTOs folder on my slackware 9.0
environment (/usr/doc/Linux-HOWTOs) and there is a file in there
called, Emacs-Beginner-HOWTO and there is also one for Emacs-Speak.

Hope this all helps.