winmodem

igueths at attbi.com igueths at attbi.com
Thu Jun 26 15:56:57 EDT 2003

Hi all. Still trying to get Debian working on my girlfriend's box. I have been
able to install the packages and everything, however the problem comes when
configuring ppp. She apparently has a Lucent LT winmodem. I read the Linux and
Winmodem howto, and I found a driver that supposedly works. I got it as a
Debian package, and installed it. It created /dev/LT0 which I presume is the
device name by which it can be referenced. /dev/modem was also symbolically
linked to /dev/LT0. When I try running pon, it complains about /unrecognized
option "/dev/LT0)." It doesn't find the modem on anyone of the serial ports.
Has anyone successfully configured ppp to work with this modem and the driver?
I got the link to it from www.linmodems.org. Is there a module called ltmodem
or something in /lib/modules/kernelversion that I don't know about? I don't
have Speakup installed on this box so she is reading the screen to me for the
time being. I was just curious if whether or not someone has gotten this modem
to work and the steps they took? Thanks!