lilo and ntfs

igueths at attbi.com igueths at attbi.com
Wed Jun 25 12:34:32 EDT 2003

Hi all. Up to now I have thought that Lilo never supported NTFS, and that in
order to be able to boot something like winnt/xp you needed Grub or some other
boot loader. I was recently checking out the Linux and WINNT Howto, and I did
realize that some version of Lilo did in fact have NTFS support. The author of
that howto had stated that he was running winnt with an NTFS partition and
having Lilo boot the system. Does the version of Lilo that comes with the
current set of Debian Cds support NTFS? I am asking because I have a friend
who wants her Winxp, as well as Linux. Also, can Lilo successfully write to
the Mbr if the system itself is installed after the NTFS portion of the disk?
Thanks!