login issues with new install of redhat 8

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 22 19:00:21 EDT 2003

On 06/22/03  5:28 PM -0400, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey Adam, thanks so much pal.
> Now, here's another question for you.  Bear with me, i'm brand new at this
> linux stuff.
> What is a good text editer that i can use on this local console to edit this
> file?
> I'm going to have a lot fo questions for you, so bear with me.
> I think i did do that x windows thing by accident, so i'll hit control alt
> f2 when i want to switch to this new mode.
> Any good text editer that is pretty friendly?

I know you have gotten a lot of suggestions, but you may want to try
nano. Its like pico, but it has a few more features and it is fairly
easy to use. Eventually learning vi or emacs would probably be to your
advantage.

> Thanks,
> Jed

Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.
Thomas Stivers	e-mail: stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org	gpg: 45CBBABD