disabling serial port for speakup module.

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 22 03:40:26 EDT 2003

I have determined that I have to disable the serial port my synth is
connected to so that speakup can see it when I load speakup as a module. Is there a way to tell the kernel's serial driver to ignore a serial port with a boot parameter? I looked in linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt briefly but could not find anything that would do as I wish. I could have an init script do it with setserial, but it seems like disabling the serial driver on that port at boot time would let speakup be loaded sooner. I am quite excited about the modularization of speakup as I think it makes its inclusion into the standard kernel tree that much more likely. Thanks again for all the hard work guys.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.