zinf problems

philwh at gate.net philwh at gate.net
Sat Jun 21 23:02:40 EDT 2003

Hi.
I am trying to get zinf to run under slackware 9.0,
kernel v2.4.20.
I first tried to use the alsa drivers for my
sound card, a pci128.
I got the alsa drivers, libs and utils installed.
I was able to use aplay to play a wave file.
I then installed zinf.
when I ran zinf, I got a message tht
alsa-pcm-hw device was busy.
I then uninstalled alsa and zinf,
installed sound modules in the kernel,
and again, I was able to get a wave file to play.
when I ran zinf, i got absolutely no sound,
except a runbleing sound if i turned the speaker volume
up all the way.
I tried adjusting the volumes on the sound card with
a program called mixer.
no help.
I then downloaded the oss package from opensound and installed it
as a demo.
again, a wave file pays fine, and zinf
doesn't.
I am trying to get zinf-2.2.3 to operate correctly.

any help would be appricated.
thanks
phil