fetching queued mail

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Jun 21 21:51:51 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:39:21PM -0500, Adam Myrow wrote:
> Then, just replace the "respawn" with "once."
Didn't know that was allowed, I'll give it a try.

> Another method is to put
> your fetchmail startup in your .profile.

It's a good idea, but it assumes that I'll be logging in right after doing a reboot, which I won't always be doing.

Also, if I have it in my .profile, that means that fetchmail will run every time I log in. Since my machine will be getting my mail when it is up,
there is no point getting mail from my backup mail exchangers every time I login.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Greg