sendmail with authentication

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Fri Jun 20 15:33:28 EDT 2003

Hi gang,

Here's a puzzler. I have an account on a webmail system that
supports pop3 and smtp so that I can use the service "externally"
(without logging onto their system with my browser).

The trouble is, I have to configure my own sendmail program so it
authenticates when handing mail off to the mail service's smtp.

I have checked a number of docs and FAQ's without success so far,
although I am pretty sure the info I am looking for is buried
somewhere in the awesome sendmail documentation.

Any shortcuts or examples anybody might have would be generously
rewarded as well as appreciated.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (58% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh