New user, where to begin

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 14:42:46 EDT 2003

Hi, Jed.
My suggestion
 is start with the little howto on the speakup site written for RedHat 8.
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/redhat/HOWTO_INSTALL8.html
 Speakup will read the entire installation to you, and will read almost
everything from startup to shutdown except for x-windows stuff.
However, one day when you become a seasoned Linux user you can look into
trying gnopernicus for X-windows which is beginning to be usable now.

Hth.