text editing with speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jun 19 14:04:33 EDT 2003

Correction, please.

The graphical WordPerfect for Linux was, and always will be
inaccessible.

The much older, WordPerfect 5.1 for Unix was fully text based, server
based, and is probably very accessible.

Except that we'll need a Speakup equivalent of all those lovely asap and
gw macros we used to use on DOS. Remember, folks, there was a lot of
extra functionality provided by screen readers to make some of those
funky WP screens (like spell check) work.