text editing with speakup

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Tue Jun 17 20:42:57 EDT 2003

Seems to me that Word Perfect for Linux, if it existed, would
have the same problem that all proprietary software has: i.e., it
uses a proprietary format that assumes the availability of Word
Perfect for anyone wishing to work with the document. I know you
can make plain text files with WP, but why bother to use WP if
you want to make plain text files? What are the advantages of
Word Perfect for Linux that would be worth the limitations of a
proprietary file format?

Or am I missing something?