cron

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Jun 15 10:52:55 EDT 2003

Alex Snow staggered into view and mumbled:

>Hi All.
>Does anyone know the syntax of the crontab file? I cant seem to find it.
>what I'm aiming to do is run a job every 15 mins or so but I cant seem to
>find the syntax and what all the fields are.

Have you considered using `at' instead of editing that file manually?
For what you want to do, the `at' command line would look something
like this:

at now + 15 minutes

You can then enter a list of commands you would like to run, and then
terminate the list with a CTRL-D (end of file character) to get
things started.  You might also want to redirect any output from the
commands to keep from getting email every 15 minutes if the list ends
with `at now + 15 minutes'.  See the man page for `at' for more
details.  I hope this helps.

Have a _great_ day!

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
SLOPE = (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1)