printing question

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sat Jun 14 02:17:00 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I am trying to set up an hp1200 laserjet printer under Linux. I am using cups as my printing system. Ok, so here is the question. I installed the printer just fine with postscri.ppd as the printer driver. Yes, my printer does support postscript. The daemon and everything load fine, and I can print a text file ok. However, what I notice is that the quality is not as good if I print this way as it is if I print under Windows. Supposedly, this printer is supposed to work perfectly. I've already checked resolution and econemy mode to make sure they are set properly. Is there a printer setting or something that is not set properly?

--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net