console binding

Tyler Spivey tspivey8 at softhome.net
Fri Jun 6 12:05:30 EDT 2003

hey, have you heard of the screen program? it's really cool.
if you type screen, a shell will come up as usual. but - this is the good
part - you can
detatch your screen, and then move somewhere else and re-attach it, to
whatever you were doing before. if you need any help, i might be able to
help because i use scfreen's most basic features every day.
(i never log out, but having 10 screens on a serial console really rocks.
and if i do log out, i can just re-attach at any time, unless the machine
has been rebooted, or has had a power failiure, or something else bad.)
the manual page should explain it, but it is long.
this might not be whaqt you want, but it's the closest thing, if i'm
interpreting what you are saying correctly.