stuck installing debian

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Jul 31 19:17:59 EDT 2003

Hi all.

I'm installing the speakup enabled debian potato on a non production
machine just to check it out.

I'm doing the install over nfs from my main server. I've installed all
the drivers, and configured the network. Next, I was asked for the
path on the nfs server to the base22.tgz file, and I selected the
first choice which was the default option. It found the file, and I
could here the client machine's hard drive work as it got
extracted. When I'm returned to the main menu, it tells me that I
configured device drivers, and that the next option is to install the
base system. When I select that, it tells me that it looks like I have
a version of debian, or the base system already installed, and asks me
if I want to continue or not. I select no, and go back to the same
place in the main menu as before.

If I arrow down to the configure base system option, it tells me that
I need to install base before configuring it.

It looks like I'm stuck in a loop here. Can somebody please help?

Thanks.

Greg