Accent PC Broken!!!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Jul 25 10:13:11 EDT 2003

I'm trying the latest CVS of Speakup and now my accent pc doesn't work
at all! It works with speakup 1.5 and the earlier CVS from about a
month ago after our well-known work-around.  But I can't get it to
work at all with the new version.
 I tried without speech to login as root and cat /proc/speakup/synth
 to a file and it seems to come up empty.  The logs show that it found
 the accent pc and even gives out its address but no talk, no matter
 what I do.  So now, we're worse off than we were before.

BTW, I'm trying this with linux 2.4.21; perhaps I should try with
2.4.20 in case that makes a difference.

Anyone else out there experiencing this?