Visualy impaired

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 17 15:32:06 EDT 2003

Nigel

This list has a very stand offish atitude to new users.  It's not
intentional, but for some reason it happens.
I've been using Linux since 1996, and when I first wanted to try speakup,
I got a similar treatment to what you're getting now.
Like I said, it's not intentional, and I would suggest you try to forget
it, and take from it what education on the points that you can.

To answer your questions:

Speakup is a screen reader, developed by blind people, for blind people,
and used by blind people.  I know of no sighted people on this list.  The
list has both developers and users on it.

Stick it out--once you get past the hazing, you'll like it here.

Luke