Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Thu Jul 17 11:53:41 EDT 2003

Hi.  I can't tell you an easy way to get a list of all installed
packages in a file.  The aptitude program groups packages by installed
UN-installed and a few other categories.  Aptitude installs packages that
are suggested like dselect.  As far as I remember, apt-get won't.

apt-get install aptitude

If you add the -u option to your apt-get upgrade command, it will show
you what will be done before it does it.

apt-get -u upgrade

Also, if you use aptitude for package management you will see what will
happen before it does it.

          Kenny