Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Wed Jul 16 22:53:59 EDT 2003

You put yourself to a lot of extra work for nothing. Linux should be the default
kernel; it's been modified with speakup; that's why you use the speakup disks.
The instructins luke gave were all you had to do.
But in your defense I will say that I do not see  an
explanation of this on the woody speakup page.
Also, per that readme, realize the disks you are using are not current and not
official--things have been left out or changed, though the readme itself
doesn't say what has
been left out or changed. but once you get your debian system up and running you
can use apt-get and install and upgrade and get things where you like them.
by the way, if might be a really good idea to read the debian install manual for
your architecture on the debian site if you haven't done so; the debian install
is not the same as the redhat install.

Cheryl