Actiontech router?

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Sat Jul 5 11:55:41 EDT 2003

OK, that's it!

Since you say Windows is so good, tell me exactly how I could duplicate
my setup in Windows.
I have 3 computers on my local network.  An AMD 100 MHZ with 32 Meg,
a Pentium 233 MHZ with 64 Meg, and an AMD 2 GHZ with 512 Meg.  I
just got the AMD 2 GHZ last week, so it isn't being used for much yet.
The AMD 100 is the gateway, local DNS server, and (up until last week)
my usual work station.  The P 233 does mail, is my usual system to use
on the reflector, and my sighted girl friend's work station.  Most of
the time, we are both logged into the laptop doing different things.  I
set these systems up without sighted help.  That includes setting up
Gnome 1.4 for her on the laptop and Gnome 2.2 on my new system.  At this
moment, we are both doing things on the laptop.  I'm writing this
message and she's browsing the web.  First question is which version
of Windows will allow multi users.  Just to make sure you get what I'm asking: more
than 1 user using the same computer at the same time without fighting
over keyboard screen or mouse.

I listen to Internet radio stations all the time.  To listen to a
station, I just type it's name.  What Windows will let me do that?

Last Wednesday, my girl friend had the X server crash while she was
browsing.  All that happened was she got kicked back to the log in
prompt.  My log ins weren't effected.  What Windows can survive it's GUI
crashing without causing any problems for the system?
None of this software costs a dime, so your solutions should cost the
same.
My girl friend isn't technical.  She uses the GUI and if she has
problems, she tells me about them and I fix them.  When I showed her
your message, she told me to tell you to "go rot in hell."  When someone
non technical can see you're full of it, you should pay attention!  I
think you should go fuck off!  If Windows is so good, go reboot your
computers, threaten companies to make them write accessible software,
and don't bitch about it when Micro soft shafts you again.

          Kenny