Actiontech router?

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 5 05:32:38 EDT 2003

ok people I ain't tested this solution yet but I'd like people who have
to write back and let me know what they think.
all this started because of some router issues.
why not download and install and try smoothwall.
http://www.smoothwall.org
as far as I am aware, is is a cheap way of performing routing tasks
without forking out the thousands of dollars for a router.
this is because the majorly stripped down version of linux provides you
with routing/firewalling/nat capabilities with support for most ethernet
nics and modems around today. and all configureable via a browser
interface.
the distributers decided that thousands of dollars was far too much to
spend on investing in a router and this little gem makes any pc become
the equivelent of that expensive router.
if anyone has used or uses smoothwall, let me know how you found it.

--
Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!"

EMAIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001 at hotmail.com
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile #mauisun