please help with sound editing

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 4 18:02:53 EDT 2003

Hi, Gregory:

Gregory Nowak writes:
> The question is, how do I figure out the level below which sound should be filtered?
> I'm not an expert on these things, so please bear with me.
And I'm afraid I can't be of much help on that as I've not done it.

Perhaps one of the Linux sound lists?

With respect to ecasound, you might like Mario Lang's ecasound plugin
for Emacs linked at:

http://eca.cx/eca_links.html

> > You may also benefit from some analog adjustments on the cassette setup.
> > Can you adjust the bias, for example?
>
> Can you clarify what you mean by "adjust the voice"? Before starting to record the tape to my hd, I made a few adjustments on the tape player, which somewhat filtered out the background voice.

Bias adjustment is one kind of fine tuning control available on higher
quality tape decks. It lets you fine tune how the tape goes past the
record and play heads. Since you've played with the controls you have
available, you've already probably done whatever you can with this.

					Janina