Actiontech router?

jack mendez wiler1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 22:31:05 EDT 2003

first, i'd like to say that totally ignoring commertial side of software
production is foolish, if you can be productive with commertial software,
then use it.
secondly, though i like linux, and a lot of the network services it can
provide, some recreational stuff, and for very limited word processing
capabilities, its development environments and security, are all great.
but its simply not there when it comes to keeping up with modern browser
technology, advanced sound editing,  available engineering or modeling
applications, CAD and numerous other things i could mention on the windows
side have been developed quite well.
or at least to a usable state, tipically.
there may be applications out there which can do some of these things but
not from a blindness angle the accessability software simply isn't there.
not all of the applications i have mentioned here would be practical for a
blind person, but they are areas which linux clearly needs much much much
more development.
i guess what i am trying to say is that if you don't use the tools which
you have available to you simply because of some idealogical and really,
foolish motion that open source is better just because, you are a fool.
thats my say.

<paulmigs at migliorelli.org>