new red hat 8.0 not speaking

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Fri Jan 31 03:10:19 EST 2003

Hi, it has been a while since I have used Lilo, because I use the
Red Hat recommended boot loader grub now days. However, if memory serves
me
correctly you would add it to the append line like this:
Try it with the quotes ffirst, and if doesn't work remove them, because I
can  not remember if lilo needs them or not.

append="speakup_synth=dectlk"

PS

Please, change your emailer settings to send text only messages. Windows
email programs such as Outlook adds allot of trash to the messages which
cause text based emailers for Linux such as pine allot of grief.
To change your settings in Outlook, if you are using it, go to tools,
options, and the send tab. Set your settings from html to text.

Hth.