Caller ID help

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 14:55:24 EST 2003

Hi
Your modem should have CID support to enable this on your modem do the
following
AT#CID=1
your modem should respond
OK
If it responds with ERROR then your modem does not support CID. Then you
must order the service from your phone company. I chose the delux because I
wanted to see the name of the person who was calling as well as the number
I am sure it works fine with the number too.. then I open a minicom window
and watch the phone..
The info looks like this
DATE 0128
TIME 1454
NMBR 1234567890
NAME Last First
 What I wanted was a program that would watch the line and send the CID
information to any of my consoles when ever a call came through.
If your modem does not reply to the string above try some of these strings
to see if your modem responds..

AT#CID=1
AT+VCID=1
AT#CC1
AT*ID1
AT%CCID=1
AT#CLS=8#CID=1
This last string may be required for some voice modems even if AT#CID=1
gives an OK response.

If you are using windows there is a program that I did not like on my
Windows XP box that speaks the name and number of the caller as it comes in
but it is shareware and I never got it working on my system.
http://www.talkingcallerid.com
One neat thing I am doing with this is having my modem pick up when I use
my mobile to call the line so I can access my box while away from home, and
allowing all other calls to pass to voicemail.
sincerely,
Patrick

-----
Patrick Turnage