question? or correction or something

Terry D. Cudney terry at CottageInWasaga.com
Tue Jan 28 13:37:54 EST 2003

Hi Thomas,

	You should be OK with the CVS you just grabbed.... It has the newer keymap with numeric keypad support. My keymap, "unispeak" provides qwerty-key support so that a laptop or whatever without numeric keypad can have full control of all speakup funtions.

	I remembered that Kirk made the changes to the newer keymap on a Friday, before Christmas. My memory failed me. I thought it was the 20th, but it must have been the previous Friday.

	The change will be invisible to most people, since it only affects those who use the AltGR (Right Alt key) in their usual computer operations. The newer keymaps do not use the AltGr for Speakup funtions thus avoiding the conflicts that some people, particularly in Europe were experiencing.

	Kirk can correct me or expand on this if he wants to...

	--terry