Soundcards Revisited

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Mon Jan 27 16:19:08 EST 2003

Actually, if you have the OSS drivers and soundcore as either a module or
built-in, you'll be fine.  Just make sure that the OSS drivers for your
soundcard aren't *loaded* before trying to load the ALSA drivers.  If your
OSS drivers are built right into the kernel, I don't know of a way around
re-compiling your kernel.

          HTH.
--
          Bill in Denver