Silencing fetchmail

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Mon Jan 20 20:19:23 EST 2003

Does Fetchmail not act silent even though you have it running as a cron
job? One thing to try would be adding > /dev/NULL 2>&1 to make sure it is
silent. This does have the side effect of not warning about connection
problems. However, if you leave the configuration as is for the forseeable
future, you shouldn't have any problems.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.