linux and soundcards

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Jan 19 00:36:10 EST 2003

It is indeed true. Getting full duplex speak freely working
can be problematic.
I have managed to get plug 'n' play cards to work under alsa;
but regardless they need to be activated first.
Kernel drivers are simler so try them first and if they work migrate to alsa.
Many use isapnp to activate the card then load the module.
Kernel 2.4.x also has plug 'n' play support although I have never tried it.
alsa has its own pnp activate code; but you must tell it
what resources it can't use; see the docs.

Regards, Kerry.
--
Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ: 8226547 msn: kerry at gotss.net Yahoo: kerryhoath at yahoo.com.au