unbootable hard disk

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Jan 18 09:22:13 EST 2003

Hi  Igor,

Sure, once I boot with a floppy the entire system comes up fine
on the HD, the file system is mounted and all the various
partitions are there big as life. I have been able to move a lot
of data from an older machine to the new one by burning a CDRW
and then copying from the CD drive to the HD on the new machine.
Everything works reasonably once I boot up, I just cannot get the
HD to boot without the help of a floppy.