ext3 mounting as ext2

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Jan 18 00:02:42 EST 2003

I was noticing that my ext3 file systems on /var/spool and on /home are
mounting as ext2 by reading dmesg I get the folloiwng output.
Originally these were formatted as ext2 but then I used tune2fs -j to
convert them over to ext3.  My root / is getting mounted as ext3.
Anything I can do?

Here is output.

Freeing unused kernel memory: 272k freed
Adding Swap: 124956k swap-space (priority -1)
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on ide0(3,2), internal journal
EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,3)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3
filesystem as ext2

EXT2-fs warning (device ide1(22,1)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3
filesystem as ext2

--
Ever wonder if alternate worlds exist besides our own?  Join the