Configuration Files

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Feb 28 21:16:31 EST 2003

I think one clever enhancement for future Speakup versions would be to
have application specific voicings enabled. As Chuck points out, it's
easy enough to add chars to /proc/speakup/punc_most and
/proc/speakup/punc_some, but the results are global across all consoles
and running applications.

It would be clever and useful to facilitate particular settings for
particular programs. So, in Luke's case, he would have the plus sign
spoken by Pine, but not by Lynx in another console, for instance.