enabling ssl support in apache

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Feb 22 17:25:38 EST 2003

I did this a while back, and had loads of fun getting it all to work.

You need to setup your /etc/apache/mod_ssl.conf, and you also need to generate your ssl keys.

Make sure you have the modssl and openssl packages installed in addition to apache.

A lot of my problems and solutions were actually a thread on this list, unfortunately, I don't remember the subject.

Also, a lot of what I learned, and what really helped me was reading the ssl portion of the apache manual at least 5 times if not more, before I began to understand things.

Also, I received a lot of patient help and guidance from Aaron, for which I am still very great full.

To summarize my experience, the apache manual became my best friend very fast.

Good luck.

Greg