Redhat installation question

Joseph Norton jenorton at chartertn.net
Sat Feb 22 15:58:07 EST 2003

Hi listers:

I bought an 80-gig hd which I want to use for a Redhat installation.  I
have something called a "rocket ata133S card".  This card enables my older
system to use the 80-gig hd, but, only with device drivers.  I am going to
try to get the card that has the eprom chip with the built-in bios
extension so I can theoretically boot off the thing, but, now, I need
device drivers.  There is a device driver for Linux but I am unable to get
Linux to boot when the 80-gig hd is connected.  The system just hangs when
it goes through the partition check.  It detects the hd and correctly
identifies it, so, something's working a little.  Any ideas how I can get
past this system hang thing?  and, do any of you know if the card (I
believe it's called an at133sb card) will solve this problem?

Thanks!