What time is it?

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Feb 19 11:20:26 EST 2003

Hi.  The \t option for the PS1 variable doesn't know anything about the
tz variable.  Try substituting `date`.  This will give you more than you
want, since the date will also be printed, but it will use the TZ
variable.  The disadvantage is that the date command will run evry time
you get a new prompt.

Remember to include the accent marks in the above `date` syntax.

Gene