email question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Feb 18 11:32:33 EST 2003

Yes, look at the record variable in .muttrc.  If not present, set it
to a mail folder to kept sent messages.  For example, I keep all my
mail on my local imap server so I say
set record="+sent-mail"
The + sign is used for IMAP folders.  Note this is for mail that is
successfully sent if it gets handed off to your MTA (ala sendmail or
exim ...), Mutt won't have it any place unless you set this variable.
Not sure what mutt does for sure without it.

HTH.