some doubts about speakup and zipspeak

Alexandre Alves Tôco alexandretoco at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:05:23 EST 2003

    Hi friends. Here goes some doubts:
1 after getting the response for a command such as ls or dir, I use the numeric 4 and 6 and eventually insert+2 to clarify a character. the problem is that after I do that every time I try to type the character c I get a beep and the character is not entered. If I open a new terminal it works fine until I use the insert+2 again. Am I doing some thing wrong?
2 zipspeak uses loadlin to load an image. is it a special image or I can download other image and continue to use loadlin?
3 if loadlin works with another image, should I have to format a partition or I can continue to use my linux from DOS as happens with zipspeak?
4 when linux is loading my bns starts to speak many messages and some time it says "the file is fool". I notice that it looses some thing but continue to speak. Is there a way to review these messages? are they written in any file?
5 is it possible with speakup to review a long comand result that scrolled the screen?
6 when I use numeric 7 or 8 or 9 does speakup moves the cursor or it is just reviewing the screen?
7 is there a kind of review mode and active mode as we had in dos's screen readers?
    Many thanks, Alexandre.