Talking Debian Install Not Talking

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Feb 8 13:32:01 EST 2003

Hi, Toby:

Toby Fisher writes:
> I see your point, but the fact that it's Redhat-specific means it may not
> cross newbies' minds to look for it.  For example, if I'm deciding to
> start with Debian, why would I look in the Redhat section of a site, even
> a Speakup site, for docs?  It wouldn't occur, I'm afraid, that's just the
> nature of the beast I'm afraid, so I think you're being a little harsh.  A

Not at all. It's at least the third time I told him to read this doc,
and at least the third time I explained why he should read it, even
though he was installing Debian. So, I feel blown off, which is fin
except thaat he then wants to complain aabout the laack of
documentation.

Besides, he says he's going to write documentation which really sounds
strange to me. The first task of a writer is to go read everything else
related to the subject. Else one gets 8uninformed documents. That's just
the way of it.