alsa problems

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 17:21:51 EST 2003

Given that I've never had any problem with Slackware 8.1, I have no idea
what the problem is.  If you are running the "snddevs" script after
building and installing the driver, and you are sure the modules are
stock kernel, but since the stock kernel has the soundcore module, I don't
see why it wouldn't work.  After attempting to play a sound file and
failing, type "lsmod" and report on what modules are loaded.  Maybe that
could give a clue as to what is going on.