alsa problems

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 7 14:45:49 EST 2003

Hi All,

The alsa problem I have been having isn't just on my machine.  I tried
installing alsa on someone else's machine who has a sblive value and is
also using slackware 8.1 with the stock speakup.i kernel.  I still get the
same problem with it not finding the sound devices under /dev like
/dev/audio or /dev/dsp.  I have confirmed that these kernels don't have
devfs.
Does anyone have any ideas why I'm having these problems?

--
A message from the system administrator: "I've upped my priority, now up yours!"