mysql

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Tue Feb 4 16:31:29 EST 2003

Steps I followed to get the mysql server running on Slackware 8.0:

1.  Log in as root and set the mysql account password with the
following command:

passwd mysql

2.  Log in as mysql and run `mysql_install_db' to set up a starting
point for databases.

3.  Start the mysql daemon with the following command (the trailing
ampersand (&) is significant):

safe_mysqld &

This process seems to have started the daemon, but attempts to run
programs such as `mysqladmin' produces errors having to do with
shared object files.  At least it gets to the next step in the
process.  I hope this proves helpful, and have a _great_ day!

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
TAN (x) = SIN (x) / COS (x)