update on alsa problems

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 20:24:02 EST 2003

Hi Adam. I was working on his box yesterday, and concluded the following.
He is able to play audio with aplay. When catting audio to /dev/audio bash
reported no such device, and /dev/audio is symlinked to /dev/audio0. All
oss modules were loaded snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss. Snd-seq-oss not
loaded bc not using midi. It may very well be DEV_FS.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.